A particular assembly was held on the McGregor college on Feb. 26 to undertake a timeline for the superintendent hiring course of.
Sandy Gundlach, a consultant from the MSBA group contracted to help with the hiring, introduced the timeline to the college board. The timeline features a scheduled neighborhood survey, which shall be open from March 9-23. The survey will embrace questions on what neighborhood members really feel are necessary qualities for a superintendent to own.
See “Timeline” for full timeline occasions.
• Feb. 26: Board set search timeline, developed hiring standards, search procedures, decided stakeholder involvement, and search procedures.
• Feb. 27: MSBA posted opening on web site, and can proceed promoting place emptiness, receiving purposes, and responding to candidates’ inquiries by means of April 13.
• March 9: Stakeholder (district taxpayer) on-line survey opens.
• March 19: MSBA facilitates workers, scholar and neighborhood listening periods.
• April 1: Board meets to develop interview questions and procedures.
• April 13: Utility Deadline.
• April 14: MSBA conducts preliminary screening, preliminary verification of references, and pre-interviews of chosen candidates by means of April 20.
• April 15: Board members schedule time to evaluation purposes by means of April 20.
• April 20: Board determines finalists, MSBA conducts interview coaching and interview procedures are finalized.
• April 25: Board conducts first spherical of interviews.
• April 29: Board conducts reference checks and holds second spherical of interviews; board selects finalist, or, if wanted, schedules web site visits.
• April 30: Board committee or designee negotiates contract with lone-finalist.
• Could four: Board approves employment contract.
• July 1: New superintendent stories to work.