The following MNPS superintendent is predicted to be introduced by the tip of March. (Courtesy Metro Nashville Public Colleges)
The board narrowed the pool of candidates from 19 candidates. The nationwide seek for the superintendent started in late January after the college board accredited the timeline for the search in addition to a set of qualifications desired in candidates. The Tennessee Faculty Boards Affiliation is facilitating the search.
TSBA Govt Director Tammy Grissom introduced the 5 semifinalists through the assembly:
- Adrienne Battle, interim director of colleges, Metro Nashville Public Colleges
- Brenda Elliott, chief of college enchancment and helps and chief of fairness, DC Public Colleges
- Brian Kingsley, chief tutorial officer, Charlotte Mecklenburg Colleges, North Carolina
- Shelley Redinger, superintendent, Spokane Public Colleges, Washington
- Roderick Richmond, govt director of pupil help companies, Shelby County Colleges
Every semifinalist will transfer onto the interview course of, which is scheduled to happen in a collection of public conferences from March 2-6 at 6 p.m. An actual schedule for every candidate has not but been launched however is predicted to be launched when finalized, in line with an announcement from MNPS.
Following the interviews, college board members will rank their prime two decisions, and the candidate receiving probably the most votes might be invited for a second interview, in line with the district.
The MNPS board is predicted to make a suggestion to a candidate throughout its March 24 interview.
Beneath the district’s timeline, the brand new superintendent will assume the place no later than June 1.